Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Taking a Break

The end of August is here.

The sweltering hot days of a record breaking summer are now relieved by cool evenings as the temperature drops down into the fifties or sixties, sure signs of Fall.

Parking lot asphalt still smells oily but the air now also has a hint of smoke. We are almost out of barbecue Sundays. Only two more weekends to go before September swoops down and envelopes us with falling leaves and swirls of Indian Summer.

Labor Day comes later this year, September 6. Most college students started on August 30. For some of us, the more serious endeavors of Autumn are here. If we were back in the country, we would be cutting corn stalks and bringing in the pumpkins.

I have to say it's been interesting. I had quite a season blogging here at the Trentonian, but I think I am going to take a break.

Artfull Codger will still be blogging but not as frequently as before. There will be times, for sure, when Town Hall events prompt a lede and I have to comment, but...

Time is catching up with me so I am looking ahead. I hope to stimulate these aging brain cells and meet new friends. It will be good to see how the rest of the world tackles its issues. A broader point of view comes with the learning process.

Grammy is going back to school.

Yippee!

Stay tuned and wish me luck.

Yep.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment