Monday, June 18, 2012

Artful Success for Trenton

Art All Night has gone into the record books for 2012. Final numbers are not in but it was a resounding success.

From artists to foodies, from musicians to videographers, this year streamed with excitement for everyone who came into our city for this annual celebration.

This was my fourth year as a volunteer and I guess I looked like I was having fun. Most of my friends asked how they could:
Get involved.
Get a cool T shirt.
Get involved.
Learn to paint.
Get involved.
Get lessons for their kids... So,of course, I suggested that they "Get involved."

Art Works has been around for years...and yet when I moved to Trenton it was a big mystery, part of the city urban grit that I was not able to deal with, part of an alien life style to this country mouse. I used to drive miles to attend workshops with the Willingboro Art Alliance because I did not realize that Art Works even existed.

Getting involved today is as easy as going to the Art Works website. Who knows, maybe I will see you there next year.

This entry is going to be short, my arm is a bit sore from hand stamping visitors during my volunteer shift (M'Lord there were thousands yesterday!) and I am still processing the impressions from the show.

Just one more thing: Artfull Codger sold a painting.

Yep, that's right. I sold my entry in this year's show. I have no idea who is going to take it home, or who did take it home already, but this Friday's Art Works reception is supposed to match the buyers with the producers.

I can hardly wait.

Art rocks.









No comments:

Post a Comment