Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Updates for Old Times

It has been a while since writing to everyone and I better get something down or my blog will vanish into the cloud. Face Book is seductive. Every time I sign on, it gives me the feeling that there are real persons out there. Blogging is like dropping an egg from the Empire State Building: you don't get to see the results. Having Nancy connect on FB with her bear photo has unleashed a storm of memories and things to talk about. Also, my summer class was cancelled because it did not have enough students signed up. This means that I have some mental energy bottled up so I may as well let it out.

By way of news, I have been elected Chairperson for the Advisory Council of the Mercer County Office on Aging. These folks used to intimidate me because they were so capable and smart. I hope that I have grown enough to be comfortable in their company.

This summer is half over and the days are getting shorter. I treasure each minute of daylight and cram little items that might prove the stuff of memories.  I wish that more of us could connect and share our experiences and hopes for future endeavors. After all, you are only as old as you feel.

Seniors Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment