Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Art Opportunities

It must be Spring because art is in the air. I just opened my Burlington County Arts bulletin and the very first listing is an announcement for our own Gallery 125 here in Trenton. The title is "4Elements Graffiti Show". There is an April 16 deadline for entries and the show is slated for June 11 through August 7. Contact information: Gallery 125, 125 S. Warren St, Trenton, NJ 08608. Phone # 609-989-9119 or email gallery125@trenton-downtown.com
The entries are to be submitted as JPEG images on a single CD.

I remember when the now defunct Trenton Arts Connection was making a valiant effort to energize the potential of Trenton's creative community. The most successful business that emerged from that point in time was Gallery 125. Every time I see a call for entries, I pull out work and, every time, I am brought up short by feelings of not being "now enough", "How can I get stuff into digital form?"...even, "Where will I park?"

The popularity that this gallery enjoys is commendable. I am sure that being across the street from the Marriott doesn't hurt, but the balance and variety of artists' work ensures a really interesting visit. Also, First Friday shopping is really good for visitors to the city. Way to go, everyone! Now if I just can get handicap parking....

Burlington County Art Guild's 38th Robert Ransley Open Juried Art Exhibition is accepting entries. Contact information is Donna Sensor Thomas @ 856-234-1746. The Entry Delivery is Friday April 30, 4-6pm. Show dates are May 2 to May 28. This show is held at the Dr. David Flinker Pavilion Gallery of Virtua Memorial Hospital of Burlington County, 175 Madison Avenue, Mount Holly, NJ.

Note the differences in the above show announcements. Gallery 125 is for a JPEG CD, the Burlington Art Guild show is a hand-carry entry, and the Eastern State Penitentiary opportunity is even more unique.

Eastern State Penitentiary is looking for proposals for artists installations for its 1011 tourist season. Deadline is June 14th at 4pm. Go to the website for details: http://www.easternstate.org/exhibits/guidelines.php

For me, the highlight for the upcoming summer is Art All Night by Artworks here in Trenton. I will have a lot to say about this incredible event in future blogs because they are so dear to my heart.

Trenton rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment